Air Actuated Oil Skimmer and Oil/Water Separator System:
Utilizing a floating surface oil pick-up and an air pump, this system removes oil from the surface of the water and deposits it into an above ground oil barrel for bleed-off or adsorption into a disposable oil pillow. The Oil Barrel has a readily accessible CELLOFOAM Oil Filter which is easy to remove and clean. This system acts as:
- An Oil/Water Separator for sewer discharge
- Greatly reduces oil concentration (PPM) being discharged to sanitary sewer
- An Oil/Water Separator for reducing oil in a water recovery system
- Removes free-floating oil from a pit, which prevents the majority of oil from working it’s way downstream and into the water recovery system, thereby lessening the maintenance on the water recovery system
MINI-SUCKER Oil Water Separator System: Oil is pumped from pit and forms a slick on the surface for Bleed-Off through Valve on side of the Oil Barrel
- Above Ground Oil Collection Barrel
- Stainless Steel Pre-Strainer Filter
- Air Diaphragm Suction Pump
- Pressure Regulator
- Anti-Siphon Stand Pipe System
- Oil Coalescer
- Cleanable CELLOFOAM Oil Filter
- Floating Oil Pick-Up Device with Barrel Filter & Hose
- Oil Purge Bleed Valve
- Service Drain Valve
Operation is simple:
1) A Floating Oil Skimming Pick-Up Device is positioned to float in a Pit or Tank where free-floating oil tends to accumulate on the surface of the water.
2) The Float is provided with a pivot arms so that it may rise or fall with the water level.
3) The Floating Pick-Up Device and Barrel Filter are then connected to flexible tube, which is routed either directly or through plumbing to the Above Ground Oil Collection Barrel.
4) The Oil Collection Barrel is provided separate Control Panel which contains an Air Diaphragm Pump, Air Regulator and Off/On Switch and Screen Assembly. The Air Diaphragm Pump draws the oily water from the pit or tank and discharges it into the top of the Oil Collection Barrel.
5) The oily water must pass through a CELLOFOAM Coalescing Oil Filter located 4” under the surface of the oily water. This traps the oil above the CELLOFOAM Coalescing Oil Filter but allows the cleaned water to pass through for discharge back to the source from which it was drawn.
6) The cleaned water then continues to drain down to the bottom of the oil collection barrel and where it exits and then drains up and out through the Stand Pipe Assembly, which sets the water level inside the Oil Collection Barrel.
7) The trapped oil can then be discharged through a Bleed Valve located on the side of the Oil Collection Barrel and disposed of properly.
Clean-Up is easy:
1) Turn off Air Diaphragm Pump and discharge the built-up head of oil from Oil Collection Barrel through side mounted Bleed Valve until only water discharges.
2) Drain the remaining water from Oil Collection Barrel through the Discharge Ball Valve located on Pipe Stand
3) Remove CELLOFOAM Oil Filter from Barrel and Pressure wash clean. The CELLOFOAM filter will require occasional cleaning by itself and can be removed without emptying the Oil Collection Barrel.
4) Pressure wash the Oil Collection Barrel until Clean and reposition CELLOFOAM Oil Filter
5) Restart Air Pump and refill the Oil Collection Barrel
6) The Barrel Filter in the pit may require occasional cleaning as well and should be inspected occasionally.